Dr Sumi Ratnasingam
AdvDipMedSci, BMedSci, MBBS, FRACP, FRCPA
Sumi is an Australian trained haematologist who graduated from the University of Melbourne. She completed a two year Lymphoma fellowship, focusing on clinical trials at Monash Medical Centre, one of the largest haematology trial centres in Victoria for haematological malignancies. She also worked at Peter Maccallum’s Aggressive Lymphoma & Trials unit and retains a honorary appointment at PMCC. She has experience treating patients with CAR T cells, bispecific antibodies and other novel therapies. She is happy to be contacted to discuss suitable patients.
Her areas of expertise include:
- Lymphoma, leukaemia, myeloma and myelodysplasia
- Bleeding and clotting disorders (DVT, PE)
- Blood count abnormalities
- Obstetric haematology
Sumi is currently a senior consultant at University Hospital Geelong. She is the principal investigator for several International clinical trials in lymphoma, co-chairs the Lymphoma Multidisciplinary Meetings and is a Senior Clinical Lecturer at Deakin University. She has published in peer reviewed journals and presented at numerous meetings locally as well as international conferences.
Sumi is also interested in clinical education. She has worked with the Western Victoria Primary Health Network in developing GP-specific clinical pathways in managing various haematological disorders.
In her spare time, Sumi loves spending time with her family and friends. She also enjoys playing various musical instruments, going to motor shows and travelling.
Andrew Love Cancer Centre, University Hospital Geelong
Senior Clinical Lecturer
Deakin University, Geelong
- The Haematology Society of Australia and New Zealand (HSANZ)
- Australasian Leukaemia & Lymphoma Group (ALLG)
- Australasian Lymphoma Alliance
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
- Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia (RCPA)
- American Society of Haematology (ASH)
- European Hematology Association (EHA)